Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Well I have not posted in a while. It has not been for lack of things I just got lazy I guess so here is an update on the last couple of months.

Back at the beginning of August I caught the biggest bass I’ve caught from a kayak. I was supposed to meet up with a buddy to go fishing that morning on the Stones. He had a new baby so sleep kept him from making it. The day was pretty slow until I caught this bass.

It made up for the big one that got away in June but I don’t know if this one was a big as the one that got away. I guess I’ll never know.

My buddy Geoff started a webpage for Tennessee Kayak Anglers http://www.tennesseekayakanglers.com/ . It has a blog page along with a forum. There is also quite a bit of info on kayak fishing. Stop by and take a look if you get a chance and feel free to join.

I made it fishing in August, September, and October a couple more times but nothing to brag about happened.

On October 24th Blake and Deanna with NuCanoe stopped b y Nashville on the NuCanoe Frontier tour. I had a blast catching up with then and the Frontier is awesome.


I like my NuCanoe 10 foot but I will be getting a Frontier. I had no trouble standing up. I am 6'5" and weight around 250. Tracking was good, fishing platform was good, and stability was great. At one point Jeremy and I both got in and while we did take on some water from the scuppers I still felt comfortable.

Would I fish two men from the Frontier probably not. Would I take my wife or daughter out yes. The only thing I saw that could be an issue was the rod locker. I fit my 6'8" pole in but it was tight. A 7' rod my have trouble but since I don't have any 7' poles it will not matter to me.
Check out the review from Yakangular.com to read more about it http://www.yakangler.com/articles/reviews/boat-reviews/item/1282-review-nucanoe-frontier-12-pre-production .



 

No comments:

Post a Comment