Monday, June 27, 2011

6-27-2011 Stones River


I got to go fish the Stones River with Blake and Deanna Young from NuCanoe today. We started out trying to fish the Caney Fork but with generation it did not work. Sunday was the original plan but rain messed us up so it ended up being Monday.

 It was a day of highs and lows. The highs are I put around 42 inches of bass in the boat. The lows are I did not put my fishing partners on any fish and I had the biggest bass I’ve ever had hooked get off at the kayak. I forgot my net and tried to horse it in to the kayak by grabbing the line. As soon as a grabbed the line the bass shook the hook. I don’t know how big it was but it would have been a personal best by far. I thought it was a carp at first. That fish will haunt me. I did catch a couple of 15 inch bass and a couple of 12- 13 inch bass.


The weather was great and if I could have spent more time I think I could have hooked a few more. I tried out the new swivel seat and the kayak cart. Both worked great. I can not say enough great things about my NuCanoe.  As most folks will say no kayak is perfect but I really like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment