Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Maiden Voyage


I finally got the NuCanoe Frontier out. The day started out with me getting to the boat ramp around 8:45 and 35°. After 30 minutes of rigging my poles and messing with setting up the Frontier I was off. Fishing started off slow but I hooked a 13” largemouth about 2 hours in so the skunk was gone and the Frontier had its first fish.


I was seeing fish on the depth finder but they didn’t want what I had to offer. After that I was seeing fish on the depth finder but they didn’t want what I had to offer. I didn’t get anything else so I moved spots. It was getting late in the day so I switch over trying to catch some crappie. I landed a couple of bream and a small bass. I figured I’d finish the day off trying get another bass and that I did. I caught a bass just over 20” which is my biggest bass from a kayak this far.




To top it off I caught it on a pole I had just completed wrapping on Friday. The day was good. It could have been great if I would have tried my second spot first and tried for bass only.



Let me know if you have any questions or if I can get a picture of something I missed.
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment